Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hillbilly Mom's Law

Annnnnnd...we're off! Again on Thursday. Another snow day.

I'll take it. The temperatures are too low for me to exit the Mansion. I had planned to drive #1 to the post office today (only the best and most exciting trips for my young 'uns) but his surly attitude caused a last-minute cancellation. And I will not let him drive himself down the slippery slope to civilization with the wind chill at 3 degrees in the daytime. It's not like summer when he could walk the five miles back home if he ran his truck into a ditch.

The forecast seems to call for all schools to reconvene on Friday, Mrs. Hillbilly Mom's duty day. Unless there is still stuff stuck to the pavement. I wouldn't know. I haven't been out of the Mansion. Our roads are still covered even when the town roads are clear. So I can't really predict Friday's agenda.

I'm going by Hillbilly Mom's law: School will always be in session on my duty day; assemblies will be scheduled for my planning period; early dismissal due to snow will start with my planning period; lockdowns and drug dog visits will occur during my most unpleasant class, necessitating that they remain with me way past their welcome; chocolate cake on the menu does not mean that we will be served chocolate cake, but rather that I will pay my $1.75 and get a condiment cup full of diced peaches.

We'll see what develops Friday.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I thought that was Murphy's Law ..... I have cabin fever, but am loather to go out and dig the VW bug out of the snow drift. Where would I go, anyway. No cold water in the bathroom makes showering impossible, so WalMart would be my only option.......

Hillbilly Mom said...

The Devil will welcome you to his playground with open arms. He will sell you cold water, too. In fact, it's his most asked-for product. All the people in his playground want it!