Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Seriously.

Nothing happened to boil my blood today. Ms Mabel popped her head in to inquire about my epidermal garage-nail crater. But she wouldn't look.

The copier was broken before my lunch shift. Have I mentioned that lunch starts at 10:53 a.m.? I'm not pointing fingers, but Arch Nemesis reported the malfunction. I'm not sure if copiers follow the rule of he who smelt it dealt it, aka first smeller's the feller. But it seems mighty suspicious that I saw her using it right before first bell, and it was broken by 2nd Hour.

With the TWO copiers in the teacher workroom being out of commission, I was left to glom onto the secretary's sacred copier in the Newmentia office. And wouldn't you know it, after 25 of a 75-page run, the darn thing jammed up. She fixed it for me, but it jammed twice more. I felt very ashamed. As well as miffed.

This is no way to run a business, people! Schools are places that kind of run on copies. You'd think we could have ONE working copier in our building. Wouldn't you?

I feel the temperature of my hemoglobin heating up.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Perhaps a bake sale should be held to purchase one ......

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
That's a good idea. I'm sure the kids who get free lunch can get an extra dollar besides their daily soda dollar to spend on sugary baked goods.