Monday, May 16, 2011

The Blind Reading To The Blind

I forgot my glasses at school this afternoon. My bifocals. That's not really a good thing.

I can squint well enough to see some stuff, though not heating instructions on food packages or dosage on medicine. Thank the Gummi Mary, I served leftover spaghetti, and we are all relatively healthy tonight.

I can see the computer screen without my glasses. During a tour of the blogosphere, I caught the comment faux pas of "milk toast candidate" and "love never wained" without any visual issues. I even spied my old nemesis, "prolly". No, the computer screen is not a problem.

I have glasses in T-Hoe for driving, and I have an old pair just a tad off on the prescription for watching TV. The chink in my optical armor is the printed word of the size in newspapers, books, and Dove chocolate squares. I was a bit confused at my Dove foil-printed affirmation:

Take a mommy for yourself.

Well, isn't that special. I deserve some TLC! No offense to my actual mother, who moves heaven and earth to please me and make me happy. Dove thinks I need to take a mommy for myself. How warm and fuzzy is THAT thought! I feel all flannel-jammied and bedtime-storied and tucked-in cozy.

Oops! I held that wrapper at arm's length:

Take a moment for yourself.

Never mind.

5 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

A mommy needs a moment ........

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

I'm pretty sure my brain would've misread it as "Take another for yourself." More chocolate? Yes please.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
A mommy needs a Xanax. Just ask my blog buddy from Mississippi.

*******************

MommyNeeds,
Yes. As you were sitting on the toilet, having a little dog-and-cat party, hoping you hadn't left a jar of Vicks VapoRub near the couch.

melyssa said...

I like your version better!

Hillbilly Mom said...

lyssa,
My son did not like the one that told him to give himself flowers.