Friday, May 20, 2011

The Mutual Backscratchers' Society

Arch Nemesis caught me walking down the hall after bus duty this afternoon. She was a bit subdued.

"Would you say we are friends?"

"Um...yes, I would say that. Except you are the one obstacle that stands between me and world domination."

"You're so crazy. I was just wondering if you could do me a favor."

"Maybe. Depends on what it is."

"Would you take John Doe in your class next year?"

"Sure. Is that all? I never had any trouble with John Doe. I know a lot of the kids don't like him."

"He's just so condescending. And he doesn't even realize it. I'm around him for other activities, and it's just too much."

"Well, there was that time I was writing the word "narcoleptic" on the board, and he spelled it out loud. Because he said he wasn't sure if I knew how to spell it. I thanked him, and informed him that I was, after all, the valedictorian of my high school class."

"Yeah. He does things like that."

"OK. I'll take him if you'll take Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. They didn't like me last year, and I don't think they'll magically like me any better next year."

"Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum? Sure. No problem."

"It's a deal."

"Of course, I don't have the class roll yet. I'm not even sure who I have."

"We'll work it out."

Thus ended the first annual meeting of the Mutual Backscratchers' Society.

2 comments:

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

How sweet that you guys don't have to split your classes based on which kids have restraining orders against each other.

Hillbilly Mom said...

MommyNeeds,
Yes. Sweet. Like a heaping teaspoon of sweet, sweet Histinex.