Thursday, July 14, 2011

Checking Out The Devil's Wares

I am pleased to report that The Devil's checks have arrived. That was mighty fast. He must use some wacky kind of reverse express elevator from heck. And, he is not partnered with the devilish USPS. Nope. My checks were hand-delivered by a minion of the Unqualified People Shipping service. Can't beat that with a stick! Much more efficient than Deluxe Checks, which sends them to your mailbox that sits in a row of battered metal cronies out on the county road for any thief to help himself.

The checks look pretty much like my old Deluxes. Except that I have 8 designs, and no bank logo, and the check number and names are a bit smaller font. Other than that, they're identical to the outrageously over-priced Deluxes.

I don't see any reason not to reorder from The Devil. It's not like people actually look at checks anymore. Companies scan them into electronic checks. The Devil's own handmaidens slide them through the credit card scanner dealy-bobber. I could sign it Mickey J. Mouse and no one would be any wiser. Just the other day I wrote 2010 on a check to my television channels provider. I had already sealed up the envelope, so I mailed it anyway. It cleared in two days. No problem.

It wouldn't surprise me if there aren't software programs for printing your own checks. I'm too lazy to google and find out. Do your own fact-checking, people.

To conclude this product review...Mrs. Hillbilly Mom highly recommends checks ordered from The Devil's Playground.

4 comments:

Chickadee said...

I didn't know you could order checks from that place, but I shouldn't be surprised. They do everything else.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Chick,
Yep. It's online. TheDevil'sPlayground.com. Or something like that!

labbie1 said...

Yes indeedy! There are many check writing programs to write your own checks.

I have printed my own checks for year. LOVE IT!!!!

And CHEAP!!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

labbie,
And you are not a slave to The Devil.