Thursday, July 7, 2011

Isn't It Funny How...

Isn't it funny how...

* I can sit at my computer for hours and nobody speaks to me, but the minute I turn on some music, I'm the wise Yoda everybody consults before making a decision

* Severe thunderstorms roll in at the time I am planning to watch the season premiere of Big Brother 13, sure to cause an interruption in my Dish Network satellite signal

* A 16-year-old boy can eat a salad and a leftover McDonald's cheeseburger for supper and declare that he's full, and thirty minutes later ask permission to go to a Mexican restaurant for supper with his friends

* A rousing game of Keep the Bread Crumbs away from the Guineas can raise your spirits

* You buy dark blue shower-shoe flip-flops for your son because he says he will only wear a dark color, yet when you describe the other choice as white with a royal blue insole, he says, "Cool. I wish you'd got me those"

* The Devil's Playground in a neighboring town keeps the Mederma in a plastic lock-box of sorts, like the kind they put expensive video games in to cart up to the Devil's Handmaiden

* The song "I Got You Babe" now conjures up the topic of transgenderism

* The more time you have, the more time you waste

* Kenny Rodgers in unrecognizable now

* People hate the Duggars because they have a stable, two-parent home for their 19 kids, and don't take handouts or use credit

* A mere ten years ago, we were able to survive without a cell phone in our hands sixteen hours a day

* People have grown so thin-skinned that words now seem to break their bones

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

So much to think about .....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Like how your pool people think the rules apply to everybody else.