Sunday, July 17, 2011

Suited For Each Other

I made a loaf of homemade bread today. By homemade, I mean, I bought the Country White mix, and I poured it into my Bread Man and pushed the 'start' button.

The Pony and I are kind of like Jack Spratt and his wife. The Pony can eat no crust, and I can eat no bread. So I push out the bread and give it to him, while I enjoy the ring of crust.

Tonight I told him, "I love the crust. It's so crusty!"

And The Pony replied, "I love the bread. Because it's so...bready!"

2 comments:

labbie1 said...

Pony is very clever and funny! :)

I, too, cannot eat the fresh bready part, but BOY do I love fresh bread!!!! I love it toasted too!

Hillbilly Mom said...

labbie,
The Pony is very droll. I am looking for bread mix that the boys used to love. Krusteaz Hawaiian Sweet Bread, I think. I can't find it around here anymore. They definitely don't like Sourdough.