Friday, September 3, 2010

More Lunch Tales

The discussion over our 10:38 a.m. lunch today turned to a new student who has been ordering the faculty to call him a name. It's not his legal name. It's not on any school records. It's the equivalent of a dude named Charles Smith asking to be called Diary Ahh. Of course that is not the true name he's requesting. That would be revealing too much personal information. This example is meant to illustrate the mindset of the dude making the request.

An infrequent guest to our lunch table, though one who certainly belongs there every sixth week, got wind of the tale. "What's he look like? Oh. I know that kid. Next time I see him, I'm going to say, 'Hi, Pisa.' I'll let him figure out for himself what I'm really calling him. Piece of ----."

You can't best us, kids. Give it up.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I like it. I like to rename people. Sometimes because I really like them and it is a term of endearment (such as 'he who')and sometimes because I really don't like them and they annoy me (once again, such as 'he who')....... I suppose it really is a love/hate thing.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
My lunchmates truly enjoy renaming folks, too. Mostly the students. We've had Blunt Skull, The Orange Coat Girl, Beach Ball Head, Peter Puller, The Giraffe, Mustache Girl, The Sultan of Funk, Stinkfoot, and Pignose, to name a few. None were named with malicious intent.

I do admit to creating The Vegetator and the Thermostater. But I was actually doing them a favor, disguising their identities.