Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Allegedly

Here's a tale from my students today.

Student 1:
"Skipper was absent because he got caught boosting cars."

Mrs. HM:
"You're joking."

Student 1:
"Nope. He's going to juvie. He won't be back for quite a while."

Mrs. HM:
"Did he get caught doing that today?"

Student 2:
"I don't know. He was at school for the first two hours."

Mrs. HM:
"Apparently, he got a ride."

Student 1:
"Yeah. And I found his backpack full of books. In the gym."

Mrs. HM:
"I told him yesterday to look there. And he said he did, last week."

Student 1:
"Yeah, right. The gym is a BIG place."

Mrs. HM:
"So, I guess he won't be needing those books for a while, huh?"

Student 3:
"I think that's what you call irony. I love irony."

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Irony? That is the lesson we learned from this? I am assuming this is not one of your star pupils .....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
The car booster was not a star. The ironic one is just smart enough, but nothing to write home about.