Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'm Not A Contest Winner

I'm above the weather today. Still a bit of vertigo when I tilt my head, but as any good doctor would tell me, "Don't tilt your head!"

That ol' global warming has reached Hillmomba, with icy gusts whipping in at 50 mph. The wind chill is already below zero. About an inch or a little more of snow fell early this morning, through the afternoon. And you know what that means to a schoolteacher...

SNOWDAY!

Our first of the year. That means that I did not win the free notepad from Books Are Fun in the Guess the First Snow Day and Win a FREE Notepad from Books Are Fun Contest organized by PennyP. Shucks! I was jonesin' for some educational swag.

On the flip side, it's good to know that we won't be blazing a trail to Newmentia tomorrow morning. It's especially good to know it the night before, so we don't have to arise, shower, and dress ourselves funny, all for naught.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments: