Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Eve Of Embarkation

No time to tell tales tonight. I must pack for our mini-vacation to Mississippi. The Pony has already gathered his stuff, leaving me to select his clothes. That puts him ahead of everybody except World Traveler H, who was home while the rest of us went to basketball open gym for five hours. Oh, it didn't last that long, but there was the travel time, and time waiting in line for the free physical, and gassing up T-Hoe, and gathering The Pony from my mom after she took him for a haircut.

World Traveler H has been itching to load up T-Hoe since the crack of dusk, so I need to get shakin'. Which is what I will be doing tomorrow on that 6-hour drive while WTH runs off the left side of the highway onto those bumpy things, then off the right side in the fast lane, all due to gawking at everything except the road in front of him.

I despise cruise control.

2 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

You make me laugh when I read your post.. I hope your World Traveler Hubby does keep eyes on the road...so you can tell the tales of your mini vacation :)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Cazzie,
So far, so good. I'm still kickin'. However, there is still the trepidation concerning the trip home.