Monday, June 14, 2010

What Did You Do To Prepare For Your Summer Vacation?

Tomorrow I have to pack for our mini-vacation to Mississippi. That's because we leave Wednesday morning at 5:00. A freakin' M. I am confident that the #1 son will put off packing until the last minute, that being around 11:59 p.m. Tuesday night.

The Pony will be packed on time, because I will pack for him. Farmer H is on his own.

#1 does not want to ride with us, we being so uncool. At least we're driving T-Hoe, and not the $1000 Caravan without a speedometer. Though it is more roomy and could haul some teammates and still have room left over for their luggage... I have laid the smack down on #1, and informed him in no uncertain terms that he will not displace a player without a ride, and I will not take another kid in his place just so he can ride with friends. If we had our old Yukon long bed, we could take ourselves and two or three of #1's cronies with ease. I don't really like T-Hoe very much. That short wheel base is a nuisance. The third seat is cramped, and there is no luggage room when it is in use.

The Pony will pack himself some DVDs for car-viewing, and his laptop, and his Kindle that is loaded with about 20 free books, even if they are classics like Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Swiss Family Robinson, and Frankenstein and Dracula and Huckleberry Finn and Treasure Island. Public domain is a good thing. I have promised him the entire Guardians of Ga'hoole series, all 15 books, when they come out on Kindle on July 1. They're not free, but they're cheaper than the paper editions. I figure if #1 can go to basketball camp, I can fork over some dough for my bookworm to expand his horizons.

And that is all for tonight, because I must go watch the rerun of the premiere of Pretty Little Liars, which I missed last week due to a kerfluffle with #1.

2 comments:

Chickadee said...

Oof I feel your pain about getting up and leaving so early in the morning. A trip to Mississippi with a bunch of boys...you're bound to have some blogging material.
Have a safe trip and I'll be keeping my eye on your blog for those adventures. ;)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Chick,
I'm taking Shiba, my Toshiba laptop, along for the ride. Maybe I will be able to post every night. I'm not one for car-blogging.