Sunday, June 6, 2010

This Is What I Deal With Every Day

Nothing much is going on around the Mansion on this lazy Sunday. The high point of the day, so far, was the conversation with Entrepreneur H this morning about the auction he attended last night.

They had food for sale.
Uh huh.
Like, ribeye steaks that weren't cut into steaks. They had hunks of ribeye meat.
Uh huh.
And cheese. They had cheese.
Uh huh.
It was in big five-pound boxes, or whatever Velveeta comes in.
Uh huh.
And other cheese. Big long packages.
Uh huh.
And pizzas. Pepperoni pizzas, a dollar a box.
Uh huh.
I should have bought some. I like pepperoni pizza. They were a name brand, too.
What brand?
I don't remember.
I wouldn't want to eat meat out of a box.
Well, ALL meat comes in a box.
What did it say on the box?
What do you mean, what did it say on the box? It said MEAT.
No way would I eat that auction meat.
But it's good meat.
How do you know that? How do you know it was even inspected by the USDA?
I don't. But they couldn't sell it if it wasn't.
Do you ever wonder why people sell food cheap at an auction?
No.

Readers of my blog, hear my cry. HELP. ME.

No comments: