Thursday, February 10, 2011
You Don't Have To Be Cool To Rule My World
Top 5 Things That Ruled HM's World This Week
1. SNOW DAYS-a special teacher's treat, a nice little birthday surprise for Hillbilly Mom, as good as a beaded pink $3 change purse and box of Sno-Caps all wrapped up with a pretty red bow. Okay. I take that back. It's better, because my change purse was rolled up in a plastic bag from The Devil's Playground.
2. My beloved T-Hoe and his 4wd. Sometimes we don't see eye-to-headlight. But when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, T-Hoe pulls his weight. I didn't necessarily want to get out in the middle of The Great Icepocalypse of 2011, but I was secure in the knowledge that I could get out.
3. Hot Wing Dip-a tasty treat for those who were blessed with the proper chromosomes for watching the Super Bowl, while those of us not so blessed toiled in the kitchen. But I must say, that dip got better with age. I finished the last of it tonight for supper, and it was spectacular. I'm not so much a fan of using it as a dip as I am of eating it as a main course, with a couple of Honey Wheat Hawaiian Rolls on the side. And of course a carbonated beverage to put out the fire if I get a bite with too much Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce.
4. The Middle-the only sitcom on my TV-watching schedule for the past year. I know it is a rip-off of Malcolm in the Middle, but I laugh myself silly at the Heck family shenanigans. My favorite episode so far involved Axl and his failure at parenting his fake baby, and Sue and Brick putting a hole in the wall into which they accidentally dropped a screwdriver and a boiled egg. Check it out Tuesdays at 7:00 central on ABC.
5. When Pigs Fly-a new blog I discovered from somebody else's blog. Check it out if you like to laugh at the thought of people actually ordering the Pajama Jeans as seen on TV.