Saturday, May 22, 2010

Building The Suspense

I have a secret. A secret which I won't share with you until Sunday, because, well, it's getting late, and I am just too lazy to deal with it tonight. Don't get all excited. It's not like I won $500,000 on a Florida scratch-off ticket and then was told it was a misprint. Nope. Nothing that interesting. Mabel has an inkling what it is. So instead of my little surprise secret, tonight I will tell you a joke. I can't remember where I saw it, but here goes:

A man died and went to heaven. At the pearly gates, he noticed a spectacular wall of clocks behind St. Peter.

"St. Peter, why are all those clocks on the wall?"
"Oh, those are liar's clocks. Everybody has one."
"That one hasn't moved at all."
"It's Mother Teresa's clock. She never told a lie. And you'll notice over here, we have Abraham Lincoln's clock. He only told two lies in his life."
"But St. Peter, where is Obama's clock?"
"Oh, Jesus has Obama's clock in his office. He's using it for a ceiling fan."

Thank you. I won't be here all week, though. I'll be in the hospital Tuesday, and may not feel up to typing on Wednesday. If I'm not back on Thursday, there might be a problem.

No comments: