Sunday, June 19, 2011

Nobody Else Knows

At the Mansion, nobody else knows...

*a spaghetti dinner does not cook in five minutes.

*trash piled over the top of the wastebasket means it is time to empty the wastebasket.

*a dumpster dumped by the trash service dumping truck on Tuesday should be back by the garage before Saturday.

*a blue backyard pool should not appear green.

*clothes worn for two hours or less are actually still clean clothes.

*a person sitting in front of the TV looking at the screen is also trying to listen to the sound.

*the person calling your name is expecting to hear a response.

*you should not use the same towel indefinitely until it falls apart.

*The Devil will sell antiperspirant to anybody.

*it is customary to use the already-opened bag of Blazin' Chicken Chunks before ripping open a new one.

*Pringles is not a food group.

*Moms have feelings, too.

4 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Wow, are you sure you do not live in my house? Sure seems like it to me! I, coincidentally made spag bol tonight for tea.. and fought the children away from the laundry because they tried to "clean their room" and place already clean clothes in the laundry basket! You just cannot do that when it is Winter! Nor any other season, lol.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Cazzie,
My issue was with clothes worn to church for two hours. Air conditioning, no food, not dirty. I have seen my boys try on a shirt, decide on something else, and toss the unfolded shirt into the dirty laundry.

Kat said...

I can soooo relate to your post. My kids are all grown and flown but my DH fits a lot of those. I keep telling him that I should not have to drag the dumpster back from the road or from the middle of the road after a big windstorm 5 days after the trash truck ran. He also will try to continue to put trash in the garbage can long after it is full. But I do have this little ray of hope....my oldest son will take out the trash when he comes to visit without being asked. If I could have just taught him to do that when he lived at home...LOL

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kat,
I am so glad that you feel my pain. Not that I wish it on anybody else. It's just good to know that the struggle is universal.